Although, owning a home of one’s own, is often considered, a major component of the so – called, American Dream, wouldn’t it make sense, to effectively, plan, to ensure this doesn’t become a nightmare, instead? After, over fifteen years, as a Real Estate Licensed Salesperson, in the State of New York, I have created, what I, often, refer to, as the RICH IDEAS, for proceeding, wisely, in terms of buying a house. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, a 5 – step plan, for properly, effectively, wisely, being prepared for this process, and proceeding accordingly.
1. Put together/ accumulate sufficient funds, for a variety of requirements and necessities: It’s smart to proceed, as well – prepared, as possible, from the beginning. Well – before, you start searching for a house, begin saving money, in a systematic way. Remember, you will not only need funds, for the down – payment (often, but not always, 20%), but, also, funds for other Closing Costs, including, but not limited to, pre – paid real estate taxes, utilities, and other, so – called, escrow items. In addition, most lending institutions require a demonstration, and proof of funds, equal to several months, of mortgage payments.
2. Obtain a copy of your Credit Report (if husband and wife, get both): You are entitled, once per year, to request a free copy of your Credit Report, from one of the major credit organizations/ companies. Review this document carefully, and correct any errors. If your rating is not, as high, as a lending institution may seek, begin to take steps, to enhance and improve it, sooner, rather than later!
3. Pay – down other debt: Lending institutions use formulas, to determine one’s qualification, to receive funds. These are generally, focused on, one’s percentage of debt to income. Therefore, pay – down your other debt, prior to beginning the process!
4. Don’t add any other debt: Avoid acquiring any more debt, regardless of how convenient, and/ or, appealing, it may seem, at the moment. Don’t fall into the trap, of, accepting new store charge accounts, because doing so, may compromise your credit worthiness, when you seek a mortgage!
5. Shop for homes, within your means: Avoid the trap, of becoming, house – rich, and seeking to purchase a home, beyond your comfortable means! Know, how much, you can afford, comfortably, and securely, so you choose, wisely, and remain, comforted!
Since, for most of us, the value of our house, is our single – biggest, asset, doesn’t it make sense, to proceed, carefully, and wisely? Will you be up to this task?
The Home Owners Many Benefits of Building a Single Level Home
Employee Suggestion Schemes
Different Types Of Electrical Panels And Their Benefits