As people are becoming more conscious about the environment, the demand for eco friendly products is increasing. And when it comes to furniture, the trend of going green is fast picking up.
Customers nowadays prefer to make an informed decision when it comes to choosing products for home décor and furniture. And why not? After all, eco friendly furniture are made from non toxic, renewable materials. Moreover, they offer umpteen benefits:
• Harmless to your health – Environmentally friendly home décor products and furniture are harmless to your health. After all health is wealth. You may choose a rather decorative piece of furniture for your home but if you come to know it was made from noxious materials and can be harmful to your kids and your health, would you still buy it? No way! Furniture made from toxic substances can affect the indoor air quality badly.
• Harmless manufacturing process – With eco friendly furniture you can be sure that its manufacturing process didn’t harm the environment in any way. Now consider wooden furniture. You might think that since it is made from wood, it has caused environmental damage since trees have been cut to acquire the wood.
But that’s not the case. Eco friendly wooden furniture (unlike regular wooden furniture) is made from wood which are taken from certified wood harvesting sites. On these sites trees are grown for harvesting purpose only and as soon as old trees are cut new trees are planted at the same time. At times, the furniture which looks wooden is not actually made of wood. It can be a product of bamboo which is a fast growing grass.
• Prevent deforestation – By purchasing environmentally friendly products, you prevent deforestation, logging and global warming to some extent in your own way. You do your part (every tiny bit is important because as they say “water drops make an ocean”) in reducing waste and saving the environment.
• Cost-effective – And best part is you don’t need to shell out huge bucks on buying eco friendly furniture. They are quite affordable and you get all the benefits of green furniture.
There is a good variety of both modern and traditional designs available for eco-friendly indoor and outdoor furniture. You don’t always have to hunt around for a shop that specializes in such furniture, You can easily buy online from websites which offer contemporary environment friendly furniture [http://www.modernecohomes.com/pet-furniture.php] for your children’s room, modern elegantly designed furniture for outdoor and indoor areas and even furniture for your beloved pets
Gone are the days when eco-friendly furniture was considered to be boring and unstylish. In fact there are stylish and contemporary eco friendly furniture for people with sophisticated, rich tastes. Now green furniture looks just as great as regular high end furniture. You can have very contemporary looking sofas and dining sets or a unique jell fish chairs to do up your home.
• Environmentally friendly furniture is cost efficient also. Products that are powered by solar energy, efficiently burning fireplaces etc. save you a lot of money.
Manufacturers will produce eco friendly products only if their market has growth potential. So when more and more people become aware of eco products and choose them above regular furniture, manufacturers will be encouraged to produce more such green products at competitive prices to meet the growing demand. What is required now is an awareness about eco-friendly products and a willingness to buy such furniture. It will then be a joint effort from both manufacturers and customers in making the environment greener.
Why You Should Hire An Interior Designer
Great Style With Tasteful Living Room Furniture
Tuscan Interior Design – Reasons for Decorating Within This Style