So if you are really renovating your home or just changing the interiors then this time also consider the walls of the home as a part of your renovation or interiors. Generally while designing our home we miss on this aspect of interior designing. A wall can enhance the look of our home and it can become a vital part of attraction for our guests and friends.
Here are few ideas which can help you to design the walls of your home in synchronization with other interiors of the home.
- A large size painting or a family photograph can emphasize the look of the wall in your house. If you have a small space then such a painting or photograph can command attention and set tone of the space. You can add a painting or picture you like the most. Also you can opt for a black and white painting or picture. Opting for an artistic frame can also be a good option. Small photo frames or paintings on the walls can also serve your purpose. But again you should not overload the walls with too many paintings and photos, only because you like all of them. There must be decency while you hang your paintings or photos on the wall. Too much display on the walls may look messy.
- Display collection of art pieces or wall hangings. Create a gallery wall. This is a good option if you an art lover and an artistic person. Also you can display your collection up to the ceiling to create an illusion of larger space.
- Enhancing the look of the walls with bright and bold colors can be a good option. Using bright and bold colors or patterned wallpapers will enhance the look of your home. You can also transform your ceiling when you are thinking about the walls. By adding some of the above decorative methods to the ceiling can have a bigger impact in a small space.
- An embroidery piece of art or wall hanging will enhance the look of the space. It can also add softness to the space. Use of vintage textiles can also add to the look of the wall. When you use oversized painting or enlarged pictures it becomes very difficult to transport when you shift to a new house. But the vintage textiles are more easily transportable while shifting to a new space.
- If you are a book lover you can manage your book shelves on the wall. Floor space is generally covered with other furniture. So there is no scope for book shelves in any of the corners of the home. Small spaces can make things more difficult. Walls with floating book shelves look impressive.
- Chandeliers are a source of light. They without taking up the space on the floor bring in light and style. Chandeliers are eye-catching and they add to the look of walls.
- Mirrors can make your walls look amazing. A large mirror in a small space can make the space look bigger and brighter. Mirrors reflect light and make the home look lively ad energetic. You can hang a large size mirror or small mirrors with a saloon style.
- Another good option is hanging small plants on your window panes. You can hang wall mounted planters to add life to the walls. You thus add nature to your space.
- Try to put a big and bold calendar in your kitchen on the wall. This will help you to mark events or important dates and track your daily or weekly routine.
Color Me High Tech! Remodeling Help For the Artistically Challenged
Why You Should Hire An Interior Designer
Great Style With Tasteful Living Room Furniture