Table of Contents
Want an in-ground swimming pool at your property? But don’t have a large backyard or lawn for its installation? Besides these questions, you also need to think about sufficient budget and inevitable commitment to make your dream a reality. After all, you are trading in a precious yard area to play games to enjoy games, gardening, or various other outdoor activities. But don’t worry! Thanks to the above-ground pool, you don’t have to sacrifice all this. It is because above-ground pools are compact and easy to install. So, they let you beat the summer heat while enjoying the remaining backyard area for hosting BBQs and organizing fun playdates with the whole family.
Also Read: BestRobtic Unveils Affordable & Highly-Efficient PC01 Pool Cleaner
With an above-ground pool, you can easily redesign your outdoor space with compact modular outdoor furniture. So, selecting a great pool that maximizes practicality and fun is a worthy investment to work with any outdoor layout – no matter what’s the available outdoor space. From a huge pool for swimming to a small one with a foldable layout, you can choose any design you feel is right for the available outdoor space.
Benefits of Above Ground Pool
The above-ground pool comes with its undeniable advantages. Here are some major reasons that make above ground swimming pools popular these days:
1. Cost of a Swimming Pool
Generally, an in-ground pool costs you somewhere from $30,000 to $80,000. This makes it an expensive investment for an average family. An above-ground pool, on the other hand, can cost you as low as $1000. Plus, you get to enjoy the same benefits as that of an in-ground pool without spending so much money.
2. Pool Installation Time
In a short amount of time, you may have an above-ground pool installed and ready to use. While in-ground pools take significantly longer and are more difficult to install, above-ground pool kits are easy to set up. After the setup, you can install get into the pool for swimming. If you want to build an in-ground pool, you’ll need to plan and do proper landscaping around it. And, this leads to additional cost of installation. Families must wait an extended length of time for the pool to be available for use during the construction phase, and the project may be significantly more expensive.
3. Space Allocation
You’re in luck if you don’t have a lot of room. When you have restricted space, an above-ground pool is an excellent choice. Above-ground pools are available in a variety of circular and oval shapes to fit practically any backyard. Above ground, pools are available in round sizes ranging from 12′ to 33′ and oval sizes ranging from 8’x12′ to 21’x43′ at ThePoolFactory.com. Above-ground pools also require less digging and construction than in-ground pools, making them more convenient to install in tighter spaces.
An in-ground pool is semi-permanent and extremely expensive to remove. Above-ground pools, on the other hand, are compact, portable, and easy to relocate. If you have an inground pool and decide to relocate, the pool will remain in place. But an above-ground pool is easy to dismantle and reconstruct, after delivery to its new location.
5. Ease of Maintenance
Another key factor to consider is upkeep. Because nothing remains hidden and all parts are freely accessible, cleaning and maintaining an above-ground pool is also easier. If an issue arises, the parts are readily available for inspection or repair. Many of the components of an inground pool, on the other hand, remain hidden beneath the surface. If there is a malfunctioning component in the system, competence is necessary to resolve any issues.
Best Above Ground Pools For Backyard
Here is a quick list of the 7 best above ground pools for your backyard, garden, or any outdoor space you desire:
1. Intex 18′ x 52″ Ultra XTR Frame Round Pool
This circular above-ground pool has it all, including a sturdy liner, sand filtration pump, removable ladder, and pool cover. It comes in three sizes: 18-foot, 20-foot, and 24-foot, so it’ll work in a variety of yards. A sand filter pump, a pool vacuum, and a ladder are included in this package.
For children 6 and up, the Intex 18Ft x 52In Steel Frame Above Ground Pool Set is designed for robustness and to keep you cool all summer long. The pump is equipped with Hydro Aeration Technology, which increases circulation, filtration, and water clarity while increasing negative ions in the water, resulting in a safer and cleaner pool experience.
- DESIGN: For a traditional, clean design, use a grey outer liner and a blue tile-print inside liner. The sturdy frame is composed of galvanized steel and has a precision-engineered locking system.
- QUICK SET UP: With this Intex Above Ground Pool, you can have more fun in less time. It takes about 60 minutes to set up and is ready to use. Rust is prevented by encapsulating the inner and exterior powder coatings.
- PACKAGE: The pool, pool ladder, ground cloth, sand filter, and pool cover are all included in this set. For stability on dirt or soft surfaces, wood or concrete pads beneath each leg may be required.
- DETAILS: Pool type: above ground; Pump voltage: 110-120V Steel is the material of choice. 4,545 gallons of water at 90% capacity; Gray in color; Before purchasing this item, please review your HOA’s regulations and restrictions. Private above-ground pools are not permitted by all housing authorities.
2. Intex Ultra XTR Rectangular Pool Set
If you’re looking for a rectangle-shaped watering hole to swim laps or play games, this one is the mother of all above-ground pools. It’s huge, yet thanks to the saltwater system, it’s easy to maintain. Not only does the pool come with everything you’ll need to set it up and maintain it, but it also includes a winterizing kit to keep it safe during the winter. Its durability is even “a little misleading but in a nice way,” according to reviewers.
This above-ground pool comes with a blue tile-print inner liner and gray outer liner for a clean, classic look. It also has a water capacity of 90% with 14,364 gallons.
- LESS MAINTENANCE: Easy to maintain with only normal backwashing and replacement every five years. It takes only 90 minutes to set up and be ready for the water.
- PACKAGE: A sand filter pump with a flow rate of 2,650 gallons per hour is included. Pool, pool ladder, ground cloth, sand filter, and pool cover are also included.
- HYDRO AERATION TECHNOLOGY: The pump’s hydro aeration technique increases circulation, water clarity, and filtration while boosting negative ions in the water.
- DETAILS: Pool type: above ground; Pump voltage: 110-120V Steel and PVC; 14,364 gallons of water capacity when filled to 90%; linen is provided. A filter pump is provided. And, the cover is included. Yes, a ladder is included. Unknown country of origin; Gray in color; Before purchasing this item, please review your HOA’s regulations and restrictions. Private above-ground pools are not permitted by all housing authorities.
3. Bestway Steel Pro Frame Pool Set
Consider this option if no one would describe you as practical. This above-ground pool is held together by a corrosion-resistant steel frame and a puncture-resistant three-ply liner, and the accompanying filter pump keeps the water clear. What’s the best part? The setup does not necessitate the use of any tools.
- GREAT SUMMER FUN: In Bestway’s Steel Pro Above Ground Pool, kids and adults of all ages can enjoy swimming and splashing. It’s a less expensive alternative to a more intricate steel-walled pool, but it’s more durable and stable than inflatable pools.
- MADE TO LAST: Your pool’s structural integrity is ensured with a sturdy yet lightweight PVC material. It’s tear-resistant and won’t fade with time or exposure to the sun.
- SUPERIOR FRAME DESIGN: To protect the pool from UV and abrasion damage, rust and corrosion-resistant coating is placed on the pool frames. The pool is surrounded by a 3-ply PVC support band for added wall stability.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: This above-ground pool may be installed in your backyard without the use of any tools. An easy method for discharging the extra water is to use a flow-controlled drain valve. Prepare to have a blast this summer in a matter of minutes!
- NO MORE CHEMICAL FLOATERS: The Chemconnect chemical dispenser eliminates the need for a typical floating chemical cleaner, allowing you to spend more time swimming and having fun. It connects to a valve on the pool’s wall.
4. Foldable Above Ground Pool
This variant, which folds up into a little rectangle, is a small, portable choice that’s a little sturdier than an inflated pool. When not in use, it’s easy to store away and has fiberboard-reinforced walls to keep it from tipping. It also has built-in drains, making filling and emptying it super easy.
- FOLDABLE & PORTABLE: It only takes a few seconds to open and fold! It can be used as a dog pool, an outdoor water pond, a bathtub, or a kid’s pool, among other things.
- SIMPLE USE: There is no need for inflation, and it is simple to set up and use. Our pet pool features an integrated spiral drain and a brand new water pipe connector, making filling and draining a breeze.
- DURABLE & SAFE: To withstand all of your dog’s doggy paddles, this swimming pool is made of high-grade industrial strength PVC plastic. built-in high-density 0.45cm thick.
- SLIP RESISTANT: To keep your pet or child from slipping, the bottom is composed of thick non-slip material.
Ideal Pool: S-32 x 8″, L-47 x 12″, and XL-63 x 12″ are the three sizes available. LUNAOO pools are a fantastic way to keep your dog cool this summer.
5. Summer Waves 10-ft Quick Set Ring – Above Ground Pool
If you like inflatable pools, Summer Waves offers this cheap 10-foot model that is simple to operate. The round pool is composed of strong, puncture-resistant plastic and comes with a filter pump. However, if a hole does happen to poke its way into the liner, the supplied repair patch will help you patch it up quickly.
With this Summer Waves inflatable pool, you can splash around all day in the comfort and quiet of your backyard. This pool is 8 feet in diameter and 2.5 feet deep, with a capacity of 608 gallons. It also comes with an RX330 pool filter pump with GFCI Rapid installation, so you can get this pool up and running in minutes. A built-in chlorinator and a D filter cartridge for the pump are also included in the filter cartridge.
This pool is 8 feet in diameter and 2.5 feet deep, with a capacity of 608 gallons. It also comes with an RX330 pool filter pump with GFCI Rapid installation, so you can get this pool up and running in minutes.
A built-in chlorinator and a D filter cartridge for the pump are also included in the filter cartridge.
6. Rainbow Ring Inflatable Play Center
Do you want to be named Parent of the Year? When looking for an above-ground pool for kids, inflatables are a great alternative, and this one is especially impressive: It has a water slide, wading pool, water sprayer, and a four-inflatable-ring ring toss game. In other words, on a hot summer day, it’s the ultimate rainbow-themed play center.
A water slide, wading pool, water sprayer, and ring toss game are all available at the center (with 4 inflatable rings). In the summer, a water sprayer can be attached to a garden hose to keep kids cool.
It comes with a water capacity of 77 gallons and is ideal for toss ball games and ball roller games for kids.
7. Intex 10 Feet x 30 Inches Prism Frame – Above Ground Pool
Consider this Intex prism-shaped pool for a strong yet cheap alternative. You’ll need to purchase a filter pump separately, but reviewers rave about how simple it is to set up, and how good the size and quality are for the price—what more could you ask for?
With the Intex Prism Frame Above Ground Swimming Pool, you may enjoy the remaining glorious days of summer or get ready for them right now. This pool is not just as blue as a jewel, but also as difficult as one. The powder-coated steel frame and tear-resistant material will ensure that your pool can withstand a lot of use while still looking excellent all summer.
This above-ground swimming pool is not only durable and enjoyable, but it’s also straightforward to put together in just three stages. Simply follow the simple instructions on the DVD and enjoy the last days of summer. It is critical to keep track of time. Don’t squander any more time fiddling with pool parts. Instead, use the Intex Prism Frame Above Ground Swimming Pool to soak up the sun and water. The pump is not included. Before purchasing this item, please review your HOA’s regulations and restrictions. Private above-ground pools are not permitted by all housing authorities.
- In any backyard or public location, this above-ground pool is ideal for cooling off.
- The compact design will fit in many yards and is large enough for family and friends to gather.
- The frame’s powder-coated steel tubing delivers stability and longevity.
- Material that is tear-resistant and constructed to last can withstand heavy use outdoors.
- The attractive blue color lends a sleek, clean aesthetic to any location, as well as unlimited functionality; the pump is not included.
Tips to Maintain Above Ground Pool
1. Maintain regularly:
Even if you aren’t utilizing your pool every week, it is critical to maintain it. Use an above-ground pool vacuum and a skimmer. By cleaning your pool weekly, you can avoid a buildup of bacteria and algae, which can take a long time to remove.
2. Determine chemical balance:
A test strip can be used to determine the chemical balance of your pool. Depending on the results of the test strip, you may need to add chemicals or perform a shock treatment. This should be done every week as well.
3. Clean out the skimmers and pump baskets:
The skimmer or pump will not be able to work as well as they should if dirt and leaves have accumulated in the baskets. This assists in keeping the pool clean. But keep checking on it regularly. This will ensure the proper functioning of the pool.
4. Examine all of the equipment that maintains your pool operational:
Consider doing a brief check once a week, and a more complete inspection needs your attention once a month. Everything must run well, and detecting a problem in a pool component early reduces the severity of the problem.
5. Remove the pool filter and clean it:
The filter type determines the way you take care of the cleaning part of your filter. This task needs your attention once a month.
6. Maintain pH level:
Another important factor to consider is water pH, which many people overlook. The ideal pH for pool water is around 7.5. The water-chemical balance may affect the pH levels above or below 7.2. As a result, check the pH of the swimming pool.
7. Winterize it once a year:
If you don’t use your above-ground pool regularly, you should winterize it at least once before utilizing it. Otherwise, it will become a popular growing spot for algae and fungi. Winter kits and anti-freezing solutions are useful for properly cleaning the pool’s pipes and walls. You can also cover the pool with a winter blanket to keep it safe.
8. Check the pump’s pressure:
Maintaining an ideal pressure of 6-9 psi is great for the pump’s proper operation. If it’s below or above this mark, turn off the pump. Just make sure you are careful with the process of turning off/on the pump. Remove the filters and carefully clean them. Then replace them and utilize the backwash technique to maintain the pressure at the standard recommended level.