The spring is knocking on the door and many home owners have started to prepare for outdoor living. If you feel the “outdoor fever” too, you better check if you have everything needed to transform your garden or patio into a perfect outdoor living space.
What you need and what you do not need for outdoor living is of course up to you to decide but if you really want to enjoy sitting in a cosy chair and admiring the sight of your garden, host backyard picnics, have fun with your kids outside, etc. you simply must have the following 5 things:
1. Garden set. Outdoor living area without a stylish and comfortable garden set is unimaginable. If your old one no longer provides you with a beautiful or/and comfortable place to sit and enjoy outdoors, it is a good idea to consider buying new one. The offer is enormous and fining one that meets you taste for aesthetic appeal, your specific needs and your budget therefore should not be a problem. However, you are recommended not to focus on the prices alone especially if you are after quality garden set which both looks and feels good. High quality garden sets which are made from top quality materials such as teak for instance according to the highest quality workmanship standards are not inexpensive but they pay off in the long term. A quality teak garden set for instance can last a lifetime.
2. Garden parasol. Unless you have a naturally shaded outdoor living area, a garden parasol is a must if you really want to spend the entire summer outdoors. It will not only make the hot summer days less unbearable and provide you with a pleasantly cool shade but it will also protect you, your family members and guests from the harmful ultraviolet light. It does not only cause painful burns but it has also been linked to increased risk of skin cancer.
3. Garden loungers. There is no better way to relax after a hard day at work and get some tan before you go on a vacation than to catch the late afternoon sun rays laying in a cosy and stylish garden lounger. Be sure, however, to avoid direct sunlight exposure between 11 am and 4 pm when the UV radiation is strongest.
4. Barbecue. If you love throwing picnics and backyard parties, you should seriously consider buying a barbecue. It enables you to spend time with your family and friends while preparing food as well as keep your house cool during the hot summer days. Basically, you can choose between two types of barbecue – gas and charcoal powered versions. Which one to choose is up to your personal preferences although many people claim that charcoal barbecue gives the food a distinct flavour. Gas version, on the other hand, is more clean and easier to operate because the heat is regulated with a switch.
5. Play equipment. If you have kids, you better take care for fun outdoors because kids are incredibly active human beings who seem to be the most unhappy people in the world if they have to sit still for five minutes. If you have enough space, a swing, climbing frame, trampoline or other outdoor fun will most certainly be appreciated.